Red Ribbon Week: Oct. 26-30, 2015
Cape Hatteras Elementary School will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week during the last week in October. Red Ribbon Week is a nationwide celebration to demonstrate intolerance for drugs in our schools, work places, and communities. Throughout the week students and staff will participate in drug free activities, such as a poster design contest, a wall décor contest, and the following themed “dress up” days:
- Monday – I’m a “JEAN-ious”, I’m Drug Free! (wear jeans and a red shirt)
- Tuesday – “It’s okay to be Wacky, but Drugs are Tacky” (mix and match clothes and wild hair)
- Wednesday - “Team up Against Drugs” (wear your favorite local school, recreational, college or professional team jersey)
- Thursday - “Peace Out” to Drugs (wear tye-dye, 60’s style or Hippie clothing)
- Friday – “My Character Counts, I’m Drug Free.” (dress up as your favorite book or movie character). Note: No masks!
We look forward to a fun and positive week. Please help your child to remember each theme day.